Three Tips For Choosing And Using Antifreeze In Louisiana
Whether you’re just setting up shop or your business has been operating here for decades, there are a few things you need to know about keeping your vehicles and equipment running right in Louisiana.
While different fuel and lubricant factors always play a big part in engine performance, there is one automotive fluid that is absolutely critical to ensuring the optimal operations of your vehicles and equipment: Antifreeze.
Keep the following tips in mind when choosing engine coolant and antifreeze in Louisiana and you’ll be well on your way to achieving optimal equipment performance:
- Expect Extreme Conditions
- As the old saying goes: “If you can’t stand the heat … imagine how your engine feels!” Louisiana is home to some of the hottest, most humid conditions in the entire continental United States. If you want your business to be successful under these extreme temperatures, you need to make sure your equipment is up to the task. Choosing the right engine coolants and antifreeze for every individual piece of equipment is the first step to ensuring optimal performance and preventing overheating.
- Check Your Levels Regularly
- Running low on (or out of) engine coolant and antifreeze on the job might mean the end of the road for your engine. That’s why it’s important to check your levels on a regular basis and be sure to bring a backup container (or two) along to the job site. Even if it doesn’t seize, running out of coolant or antifreeze has a major negative impact on the life of your engine. With the cost of equipment downtime, you don’t want to have to shut down your operation just because you didn’t come prepared.
- Don’t Wait … It May Be Too Late
- If you wait for temperatures to rise before filling your reservoirs with antifreeze or coolant, it may already be too late to have the desired effect. Fill your tank in the morning before your equipment has a chance to heat up and you’ll ensure optimal performance.
Want more helpful tips on choosing and using the right engine coolant and antifreeze for your equipment? Richard Oil and Fuel offers Onsite Educational Programs that teach your employees all they need to know about using antifreeze in Louisiana.
Need some expert advice when it comes to the right antifreeze for your equipment? Call 855.919.8444 or click on the button below to talk with the experts at Richard Oil and Fuel.